Thank You for Following My Blog

Saturday 9 April 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Thursday was Gavin and mine 5th wedding anniversary! We had a lovely day, sushi for lunch and an afternoon at the cinema watching "The Kings' Speech", which was fab and treated ourselves to a lovely station clock for the kitchen! Thoroughly enjoyed myself! I can't believe that we have been married for 5 years! Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday we were organising the whole shebang and here we are 5 years on with a 4 year old daughter, house extension almost completed and a whole lot more grey hairs, wrinkles and great memories! LOL!
This is the card I made for my hubby, those amongst you that are eagle eyed will notice that it is the same image that I used for the birthday card I made my father-in-law. It is a Darkroom Door stamp and I just love it! I think it lends itself prefectly to mens cards, yet has an aged vintage type feel in it's detail and design. I used it on an alcohol ink background, layered onto copper mirri card and Graphicus 45 paper, then embellished with Ideology cogs and hinge clip, Distress Stickles and "Lost and Found" salvage stickers, for the date. Actually it was quite spooky as this sticker had the actual day we got married on it! So it was meant to be, fate or what?

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you both had a lovely day for your anniversary. Fab card too, I find it difficult to keep coming up with ideas for my husband's anniversary cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary Marita, that was a nice day you had together. I know time flies, I couldn't take it in when I worked out we'd be married 20 yrs in July ( got married when I was 9) lol
    Love the card you made your hubs

    Jeanette xx

    ReplyDelete