Thank You for Following My Blog

Thursday 30 August 2012

A Bird in the Hand...............

I love altering things.......in fact I think now I rarely make a card except for family, friends and class projects.  My heart now lies with off the page and it's here that I feel most comfortable.
This project came about when I found an old lozenge style tin and thought to myself I could make something beautiful out of this! It took a while for the complete idea to form in my head but once it did it was surprisingly easy to make.
Firstly I coloured the time with alcohol inks.  I then stamped a Tim Holtz collage stamp on gloss card, which I had previously coloured in the same alcohol inks as the tin, in Jet Black Archival Ink and cut in to fit the recessed area on the lid. Once it was adhered to the lid, the stamped imaged was outlined with squiggly lines in black Enamel Accents and glitter glue and left to dry.
As embelishments, I die cut a Grungeboard bird fromTim Holtz's Sizzix bird cage die and some leaves from a die cut Grungeboard sheet that I had covered in tissue tape and coloured with inks and Inks Gold in purple.  I then coloured a paper flower with the same Inka Gold and attached them all to the tin.
I have to say this has become one of my favourite pieces, I really love how it turned out.  Hope you do too.  Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment