Thank You for Following My Blog

Monday 3 September 2012

What a lovely pear......!

I had lots of fun making this piece.  I had not long ago bought myself some new crafty stash and wanted to have a play!  I had invested in some new stamps, tissue wrap and Indigo Blu Flitter Glu and was excited to put them all to the test.
I had a chipboard frame so I thought I would line the background with a bookpage that I had stamped with my new Dylusion background stamps in Fired Brick D.I. and a lovely new pear stamp that I found in the reduced bin which I embossed with black glitter embosing powder and coloured with Distress Inks.
The frame I covered with Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and stamped with a harliquin and script stamps using Flitter Glu and gilding flakes.  Well, I've got to say I am now a total convert!  I loved it and it was so easy to use, yet gave a fabulous finish!  I just LOVED it!  I then attached the frame to the back with tissue tape and made a tissue tape flower with a button center and cut some tissue tape covered grungeboard into leaves to embellish the frame.  Everything was given a final spritz with Perfect Pearl Mist in copper and edged with a black promarker.
Simple but effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment