Thank You for Following My Blog

Monday 26 August 2013

Making a Silk Purse from a Sows Ear..............

 
I have been doing a series of classes at Stampers Grove in Edinburgh on "Recycle, Re-Purpose, Re-Use" and this gorgeous jar is one of the class projects that I designed.  It started life as a simple jam jar but after it was finished I decided to re-purpose it into storage craft storage for my extremely messy craft room.  Which is in desperate need of organisation and attractive storage solutions. Lol!
After washing and drying the jar I cut 2 strips on co-ordinating card stock and punched a border pattern along the edges.  I layered these strips of card and then glued them to the jar.  I used Spellbinder dies to cut the 3 label dies in the same coordinating card, layered then, threaded pink poker dotted ribbon through the sides, secured with brads and the attached them to the border strip on the jar.  Then embellish the bottom left and top right with die cut leaves and paper roses.
The lid is made by covering the top with a card circle which you have used the lid to draw around as a template.  The using my spellbinder dies I die-cut 2 circles from the same colour card as used on the jar and attach them to the lid.  I then used Creative Expression's Pearl PVA Glue to create faux pearls around the edge of the largest die-cuts and attached some die-cut leaves and a large paper rose to the centre of the top die-cut.
For the edges of the lid I colourised some paper doilies and then cut off the edges which I used to create 2 rows of pleated ruffles and the finished off with the same pink poker dot ribbon that was used on the labels on the jar.  And there you have it a beautifully decorated jar that can be used as storage or to give as a gift to someone special.


2 comments:

  1. I love altered jars and this one is gorgeous! Beautiful details, especially on the lid..fab! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete