Thank You for Following My Blog

Thursday 29 August 2013

Travel to Paris - The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Challenge


Here is my entry for the Artistic Stamper's Challenge,"Postcards, Travel and Holidays".  This is a relatively simple but striking canvas was quick and easy to make, and I particularly like the monochrome colour scheme.
I took a deep edge 3" x 3" canvas and layered up Paris themed patterned paper and black card, distressed it with Black Soot Distress Ink and glued it to the canvas.  I then took a smaller piece of patterned paper and again matted it onto black card, distressed it with Black Soot and adhered it off centre and slightly to the right of the canvas.
The focal point is a of the canvas is a domino sized piece of chipboard that I cover with the patterned paper.  I stamped the image of the Eiffel Tower from the Stampin'Up "Artistic Etchings" in Jet Black Archival and distressed the edges with Back Soot.  I glued Champagne glass glitter along the bottom of the image and then covered the tile with embossing ink and triple embossed it with clear UTEE to create faux enamelling. The tile was then matted onto black card and glue to the canvas so that it overlapped both of the panels already on the canvas.
To finish off the canvas I wrapped with black and cream stripped grosgrain ribbon and as simple as that the canvas is completed. If you want to see more entries to this challenge pop over to their blog, here is the link; http://www.theartisticstampercreativeteam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/august-challenge-postcards-travel-and.html
Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a good week.

1 comment: