Thank You for Following My Blog

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Mums Birthday!

It was my Mums birthday earlier this month and I thought that I would make a scrapbook page of one of my favourite photos of her.
This was taken when she was younger than I am now, which is always hard to imagine of your parents I am sure! I have always loved this photo even when I was a young child and think she is so beautiful in it! It was taken before she married my Dad and I think she looks so positive and confident, just like I wanted to be when I grew up! Just stunning in fact! So I hope I have done it some justice with this layout.
I used Papermania 6"x6" papers on a 12"x12" cream cardstock, putting a sheet in each corner. I then covered the joins with a strip of cream cardstock embellished with peel offs and matted and layered the photo with cream and burgandy cardstock. I embellished the corners of the burgandy diamond with Laura Ashley velvet rub-ons and put heart peel-offs on burgandy card and cut out and embellished the patterned corners under the flourishes.
Happy Birthday Mum!

1 comment:

  1. Oh your mum is gorgeous and your scrapbook page is stunning too
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete