Thank You for Following My Blog

Sunday 13 March 2011

Craft Stamper Postcard Swap

I have recently started taking part in the Craft Stamper monthly swaps. This is only my 2nd entry so I haven't received anything back yet, but am really excited to get my first one in the post, so as to see what everyone else created.
This month the theme was "Postcards" so I decided to use some of my new Tim Holtz stamps, the "Haberdashery" set and "Slight Alterations" set, as well as my new Creative Expression set, "Vintage Sewing".
I got my alcohol inks out again to create the background (boy, I am really getting into my alcohol inks! I'm really loving the effects you can get with them and wonder why I ever put them away!). Once the background was dry, which is just a few seconds, I over stamped with the Tim Holtz "scratchy" image from his Slight Alterations set. Then I created a stamped collage with various sewing images. To add dimension I added some Distress Stickles to the dress form, gold fibres, a button and a press stud. I then layered the finished postcard on black card to frame it.
For the back of the postcard I used a smaller piece of white card which I distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink drew a line down the middle with brown ink and then using Tim Holtz stamps again stamped the "Postcard" image and a quote that appealed to me.
I'm really starting to get into these swaps and hope that the recipient enjoys what I have created. I am looking forward to seeing how other people interpret the themes and what they make.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely lovvvve it Marita, really want to get that TH stamp set. Love my tim holtz stuff even more now!!
    Jeanette xx

    ReplyDelete