Thank You for Following My Blog

Tuesday 1 March 2011

T!m Holtz at AFTH

On the 17th of Febuary I went to the T!m Holtz class at Art from the Heart (aka AFTH). It was a fabulous day! In fact it was such a great day I can't begin to describe it in words! Thanks so much to Dyan and Ben at AFTH they did an amazing job in getting everything organised and I will be forever grateful! In the class we made a journal. As you can see I made mine about the day with Tim. I wanted to make it into a technique jounal with samples of all that we did as well as photos and momentos of the day. The class was really a technique based class with us learning how to use a lot of the new products that Ranger has released as well as techniques that Tim uses in his craft.
The journal was made using Art Parts book pieces, a Ranger book binder and sticky back canvas, too easy! Then covered with inked craft resist paper. The pages were made with sheets from his Lost and found collection and then decorated with stamps, salvage stickers, die cut shapes and ideology bits'n'pieces.
We used his new glassine paper, ribbons, measuring tape and die cut shapes, as well as learning how to make a tissue tape flower. I wasn't convinced to start with but at the end I had to say I was quite happy with it.

We also had lots of fun playing with the distress inks and blending tools (my favourite) and got to try the new distress stains (lots of potential). Got to say my favourite new product (which I still can't get my hands on is the Kraft Resist paper! Aaaaaggghhh!!) lol:)

One of the things I included was a quote on a distressed ticket (which is in the photo to the left), it was something Tim kept saying all day, "Don't think, just create....in my opinion thinking is over-rated!" and it got me to thinking, well not too much as we now know it is over-rated!........you know, I think he has a point. I think we often over-think our art and that stops us just creating! So my new theory is to just go with the flow, and see where it takes me!
I was really chuffed with my journal, and though it isn't quite finished yet am really excited with the techniques and skills I have learnt and used. Hope you guys like it too.

2 comments:

  1. Fab journal. When am I get to see the box!

    PS trying to get into UK Stampers but can't at the moment so bear with me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the work you did Marita.
    Jeanette :) xx

    ReplyDelete