Thank You for Following My Blog

Monday 16 September 2013

Chandelier Canvas

 
I have really been bitten by the canvas bur recently and have fallen in love with making canvas art.  I had been thinking about making this piece for a while now as I had picked up these 2 Twiddleybitz chipboard chandeliers when I was in Australia and was really keen to utilise them in my artwork.  I had found these beautiful paper napkins when I was in a gift shop one day and |I thought they would work well in this piece.  So I used matt medium to attach it to the canvas and seal it.I lightly spritzed it with a diluted  Paperartsy Fresco South Beach paint spray.  I then used some of my background stamps to create some layers and depth to the background. 

I then used the Crafters Workshop "mums" stencil to with embossing paste which once dry I coloured with painted then coated with glitter embossing paste. I used my Faber Castell PITT big brush pens to create shading and blended them into the background. The sides of the canvas were painted dark blue and the edges heat embossed with sparkle blue embossing powder then edged with silver ink. Whilst that was drying I painted the chandeliers in a pearl blue and over stamped it with a script stamp in silver, then used hot fix crystals to embellish them.The chandeliers were then attached with glue gel and pearls attached to the top left and bottom right corners.  I like this so much that I think I am going to try and replicate this on a larger canvas maybe a long rectangular one.

No comments:

Post a Comment