Thank You for Following My Blog

Friday 6 September 2013

Paperarsty #3UP Challenge - Happy 10th Birthday


 
 August was Paperartsy's 10th anniversary.  It was time to bring out the cake and start singing hearty renditions of Happy Birthday! Lol.  To help celebrate such a momentous birthday, the lovely people at Paperartsy decided to have a special birthday #3Up challenge and invited 48 people to volunteer to take part.  I was lucky enough to see the invitation just before all the places were taken and managed to get my name in, in time.  I had never participated in a #3Up challenge before and wasn't sure what to expect, but couldn't have been more delightfully surprised then I was when the parcel arrived on the door step.  I felt like it was in fact my birthday with all the lovely stash that arrived and although I know that the parcels were randomly allocated and you were just as likely to be challenged and pushed out of your comfort zone as you were to be in love with the contents.  Well, I was one of the lucky ones and just loved everything in my envelope, even the colours .  If you want to see what everyone has created here is the link; http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/ 
 I unfortunately, forgot to photograph the contents of my parcel when I received it, but the contents were as follows; 2 sets of Eclectica A5 stamp sets, a large piece of stampboard, chipboard branches, a packet of brads, 2 brass bird embellishments and 2 wooden cotton reels. and a colour strip of shades of turquoise and brown. So after a bit of a think and a play I came up with the idea for my creation.
I started by repeat stamping the words from the Sara Naumann Eclectica set ESN08 onto tissue paper with sepia Archival ink (spot the obvious mistake, lol). I then used matt medium to glue to it to the A4 stretched canvas. Then using the Fresco paints in Beach Hut, South Pacific mixed with water and pearl mica powder in spray bottles and add colour to the canvas. I then stamped with the texture stamps and then used complimentary inks through the letters stencil to create layers and texture. I then used some of the left over stamped tissue paper with each of the main words and images and glued them to the canvas.
I then used a flower stencil with embossing paste, which once dry I coloured using the Paperartsy Fresco paints in Beach Hut, South Pacific and Chocolate pudding and a stencil brush through the stencil.  Once the paint was dry I then put a glitter paste through the stencil over it all.


Now the canvas is completed it is time to work on the focal points.  I have stamped the flower images from the Lin Brown Eclectica set ELBo1 on the stampboard which had been stamped with the words in from the first set in complimentary inks.  I then etched highlights into the stampboard, put 3 eyelets in the bottom right corner of the large board and then coat in Rock Candy crackle paint. I then coloured the branches with the same inks and again coated in Rock Candy crackle paint.  Once everything was dry I glued them to the canvas with glue gel as shown in the photos and added the cute little birds.
The last thing I did was to tie it all together and stop the from looking stuck together was to add shading around the plaques and branches with Faber Castell PITT big brush india ink pens and paper stump to blend it out into the canvas.  And now with that last step done the canvas is finished.
This was a huge challenge for me creating a canvas with these products in this size as I have only made smaller items before, but I had a wonderful time and can't wait to face my next challenge.
Happy birthday Paperartsy! I look forward to celebrating at least another ten years with your fab products!

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the texture and sparkle of your canvas, you did really well with your enveloppe! Great fun too this #3UP...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you used colour on this project, really gorgeous, vivid and eye-catching! I love the bird addition too! A great make! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous Marita. lovely texture and the brown/blue shades work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colors and the textures...soo pretty
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete