Thank You for Following My Blog

Monday 4 March 2013

My Heart Belongs to...................

 
Recently, I decided that I have way to much stash and that I have ti definitely start using it rather than just gazing longingly at it and sometimes stroking it.....lol!
So, after I a little thought I picked a large papier mache heart to decorate with bit and pieces from my large amount of stash.  So I started by painting the heart with a cream acrylic paint and then covering with a printed napkin and matt glue'n'seal.  I then distressed the edges with Aged Mahogany, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
Once that was all dry, I dove into my glorious stash and started pulling out anything that took my fancy.  It was then a matter of trying different things until I was happy with the look I managed to create.
So, I used a lot of paper flowers,along with crystal sprays and glitter ball sprays and layered them onto the heart and glued in place with glue gel.  Once the flowers were in place I embellished with butterflies, a clock and ribbon.
I also used an Ideology inspirational plaque and the word "Dream" that I found in my stash. More butterflies, an adhesive pearl swirl, some metal embellishments and a word plaque.
So I could hang it, I used a crop-a-dile and punched two holes and set co-ordinating eyelets and then used two swivel clasps, jump rings and some chain.
It was so much fun creating this and playing with my stash.  Sometimes it is so easy to just save your stash but in fact it is more fun to use it.  I'm off to use some more.....!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment