Thank You for Following My Blog

Monday 11 March 2013

Remember......

 
  As some of you may know or may not know I teach craft classes at a small craft shop in Edinburgh. Since about half way through last year we have been running a series of classes focusing on "Re-use, Reduce, Recycle" and in this class we altered an old box that Emma had received some cardstock in to make this decorated  memo board.
I painted a pale base colour onto the box with acrylic paint to prime it.  Covered the edges with Tim Holtz tissue tape and inked it. I lined the inside of the box with Bo Bunny patterned paper that I inked and stamped with two-step Caludine Hellmuth stamps, jet black Archival Ink and gold Paper Arsty Fresco Finish paint. 
I cut two matts of co-ordianting colours and adhered them to the box and added a pad of post-it-notes to the matts.  The word was made of alpha chippies that I coloured with Tim Holtz alcohol inks and glued to the top of the matts at jaunty angles.
 I used the reverse side of the same paatterned paper to make the paper roses and punched some leaves.  Added some Ideology hitch fasteners for keyrings to hang on. 
 I then die cut and decorated a dress form mannequin, and some cotton reels.  I then added these to the edges of the box and embellished with buttons, ribbons, hat pins and adhesive gems.
It was such fun making this and we had a such a great time in the class too. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment